Southern Enduro Riders Association

Southern Enduro Riders Association
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Rattlesnake Bay Info  (Read 652 times)

Offline Smith48GPD

• Beginner Class
    • View Profile
Rattlesnake Bay Info
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
Anyone have CURRENT information on Rattlesnake Bay OHV?  Any single track? How do I find it etc. Where is the trail head etc.  Motorcycle only trail would be preferred.  Any info would be appreciated :)

Chris

Offline fred...

• Council Member
  • "C" Class
    • View Profile
Re: Rattlesnake Bay Info
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:44:13 PM »
Assuming you still need information on RSB, the trail is all wide enough for an average 4-wheeler (as per Forest Service requirements placed on us by the current District Ranger). However, it is not cleared as wide as typical ATV trail that was designed & "constructed" by the Forest Service. I tried to get the FS to go for making the "long loop" Motorcycle Only during the negotiations leading up to the Great Reopening of 2014, but that got shot down / primarily because 4-wheeler riders who have never done anything to help maintain the Trail System are more important to the FS than the dirt-bike riders who got the Trail established & worked for years to keep it up as well as possible with almost no support from the FS.

From the traffic signal-light at the intersection of HWY 98 & 29 at New Augusta, go south on 29 two miles or so. After passing the signs announcing that you are entering the Camp Shelby Training Site, you will see a concrete "pad" in the asphalt where the dirt road crosses the highway. Go to the second such concrete pad & turn left onto Forest Road 312. The Trailhead is on the corner at the second road turning left off 312.

I hope this helps.

fred...

anything