Southern Enduro Riders Association

Southern Enduro Riders Association
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Rattlesnake Bay Info
« Last post by fred... on September 22, 2016, 09:44:13 PM »
Assuming you still need information on RSB, the trail is all wide enough for an average 4-wheeler (as per Forest Service requirements placed on us by the current District Ranger). However, it is not cleared as wide as typical ATV trail that was designed & "constructed" by the Forest Service. I tried to get the FS to go for making the "long loop" Motorcycle Only during the negotiations leading up to the Great Reopening of 2014, but that got shot down / primarily because 4-wheeler riders who have never done anything to help maintain the Trail System are more important to the FS than the dirt-bike riders who got the Trail established & worked for years to keep it up as well as possible with almost no support from the FS.

From the traffic signal-light at the intersection of HWY 98 & 29 at New Augusta, go south on 29 two miles or so. After passing the signs announcing that you are entering the Camp Shelby Training Site, you will see a concrete "pad" in the asphalt where the dirt road crosses the highway. Go to the second such concrete pad & turn left onto Forest Road 312. The Trailhead is on the corner at the second road turning left off 312.

I hope this helps.

fred...
Racing Forum / Chipley trail condition and weather up date
« Last post by DEXTER LEADBEATER on September 15, 2016, 07:31:34 PM »
Hi guys , so here is were we are as of Thur. eve.
The trails are all done. We have identified all of the spots that may get muddy if we were to get a lot of rain. Right know our weather station predicts a 20% chance of rain over the weekend. We have routed around these spots . So to set every ones mind at rest this will not be a MUD FEST . We have built bridges over our streams except for one which is 20 feet long and quite passable . The trail is a blast so come on , let's race. Dexter
Racing Forum / Chipley Enduro up date
« Last post by DEXTER LEADBEATER on September 12, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »
Hi SERA I just posted this on the FTR forum so I am just going to copy it to this forum.
HI FTR, Dexter here . I would like to let you all know some new info. First we are all ready, it will be a blast. all our trails are done and race ready. As I am sure you all know we had some really bad rain in Florida to say the least but we were not effected as bad as South Florida. However the day after the storm we got 7 inches of rain so we had to redo some trail and build a few wooden bridges , so even if we get rain between now and the race we are good. Our secretary '' G'' Wiggins has asked me to let you all know a few things.
Keep in mind we are in the CENTRAL TIME ZONE
We have 35 row's ,there are still a few spots left after they are filled we will add row's . So there is no rider cut off.
She will not accept credit cards at sign up.
We are going to have the riders meeting Sunday morning at 7:15 am
Key time is at 8:00 am sharp.
Ok so the format is as follows ,the main race goes off at 8:00 am .once the last rider comes thru with the sweep rider we will start the Kids Enduro and once it is done we will do the Pee-Wee Enduro.
This is all being done on prime hunting land and will be open for the bird season right after the race so Mr. Everett has requested that there be now bike riding at all until riders come to the start. This means you do not run your bike down any of the property to clean out the eng.
Oh and by the way Smoking Butts Bar-B-Q will be there also.
That's it if you have any questions pleas feel free to call me any time up until 10 pm central time at 850-527-0615. Lets race
Dexter Pres of Florida Panhandle Trail Riders.
General Discussion / Rattlesnake Bay Info
« Last post by Smith48GPD on August 13, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
Anyone have CURRENT information on Rattlesnake Bay OHV?  Any single track? How do I find it etc. Where is the trail head etc.  Motorcycle only trail would be preferred.  Any info would be appreciated :)

Chris
Racing Forum / Second BATTEL OF HARD LABOR CREEK ENDURO
« Last post by DEXTER LEADBEATER on August 11, 2016, 10:36:26 PM »
Well guys and gals here we go again. This time with a dual sanction with FTR. Just a short update ,we will have 60 PLUS miles this time . Ben has cut some more trail with his monster mower and I have added a bunch of cool stuff . This year we will be doing a Pee-Wee and Kids Enduro . The Pee-Wee course is around 1/2 mile long on a small rolling hill . We will determine how many laps at the time of the race. The kids should be around 6 to 7 miles, I think and the laps will also be determined at the time of the race . Smoking Butts BAR-B -Q will be there again, yum,yum. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at ///// 850-527-0615 and keep in mind we are in the Central Time Zone . Dexter
General Discussion / Re: my sincere appreciation...
« Last post by fred... on June 16, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »
It was mostly a fun ride. In almost 45 years of riding, I still have never mastered the art of the flat-turn/powder-berm condition that was so prominent in the first section. I lost count about halfway through, but I would estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of 936 of that specific type of turn in that section.

Still, a lot of fun, however.  Too bad young Cameron Reed had to run his bike so aggressively hard that he blew it up trying to stay ahead of me. Sorry, Junior...

My old pal Benny Waldrop (Waldrop with an 'O' not a 'U' in case of any uncertainty) suggested that we might want to consider putting on a Sprint Enduro at Rattlesnake Bay. For the record, I would like to point out that I am not opposed to a Sprint Enduro, but my current outlook is that I am opposed to doing any type of race at RSB other than a genuine enduro at this time.

Allow me to clarify...  During the proceedings leading up to getting RSB reopened, the current District Ranger told us that he would be open to the concept of organized events at RSB BUT he is not inclined to allow access to any of the "Event Trail" located outside the official Designated Trail System. Much of the trail traditionally used for enduro events lies outside the Designated System. That concept was planned and made part of the original agreement that led to the establishment of the RSB Trail System in 1993. However, the Forest Service's National Travel-Management Plan which was put into place in Mississippi in 2008 forbids the use of motorized vehicles (of any type) anywhere on NF Land except on "Designated Routes" (roads, highways, trails, etc.).

The current District Ranger has, so far, refused to consider that there are provisions for allowing access to non-sensitive areas under Special-Use Permit & that it is being (as it has been for several years) done on other Districts. He maintains that "his interpretation" of the rules is all that matters. It apparently makes no difference that military vehicles are routinely used in several areas where portions of our "Event Trail" is located. Personally, I am not aware of any trucks, jeeps, Hum-Vees or tanks currently being used by the U.S. Military which do not have what would typically fall under the classification of a motor. But I digress...

I have sent his immediate superior (a person who has been extremely helpful in the past) a request to consider this situation & hopefully "encourage" Mr. Ranger to rethink his position of allowing us access to our traditional "Event Trails" for the purpose of hosting organized events at RSB. Presently, I am of the opinion that it would be in our best interest to hold out for the possibility of regaining access to the "Event Trails" rather than settle for putting on an event which would demonstrate that we can actually "get by" with nothing more than the Designated Trail. At some point after possibly re-securing access to the "Event Trail" the concept of a Sprint Enduro is appealing; but right now, it's just the principle of the matter.

After years of "dealing with" USFS bureaucRATs, I think I have a certain insight into "how to play the game" even though it's not always a fun game to play & usually difficult to determine who's winning.

fred...
« Last post by JRB on June 16, 2016, 02:15:37 PM »
It was a great 1!  I had no idea what to expect, I'd never done a "sprint" enduro, but it was a ton of fun.  It was well laid-out and organized, and was just the right format and amount of riding in view of the heat.  I had a great time.  Thanks to all who did the hard work (in the heat) to make it happen.
« Last post by seraadmin on June 14, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »
I hate I missed it. Sounds like it was a good one.
General Discussion / my sincere appreciation...
« Last post by fred... on June 13, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »
To everyone who took part in the "Let's Help Save Fred From Himself Festivities" earlier today at The Ridgerunners' Sprint Enduro, I wish to offer my heart-felt appreciation. The outpouring of concern by so many individuals served to remind me (as on numerous other occasions over the course of my 30-year involvement with the SERA) of the quality of people who make up the vast majority of the Membership.

Looking back (20/20 hindsight, as they say) after getting hosed-off, cooled-down & stuffed with pork-chops, green beans, cornbread & sweet tea, it occurs to me that waiting around for what was likely the hottest event thus far this Season to embark upon my first real riding excursion since the Tiger Creek Enduro last September might not have been a really good idea. But I digress...

While I was lounging in my underwear (not by my personal specific choice) in front of the relatively large fan (to whom I am not even totally sure it belongs) & various individuals kept coming by checking on me, offering advice & making plans to get me & the two members of the Junior-Achievement Wrecking Crew home without my having to drive, I couldn't help thinking of the semi-old Country Music tune recorded by Tracy Lawrence, "You Find Out Who Your Friends Are." I encourage any who are not familiar with it to look it up on-line. It works quite well to describe the scenario I experienced earlier today.

I strongly commend the Ridgerunners for their dedicated efforts which resulted in a new racing area & on an excellent use of limited acreage for the event.

fred...

General Discussion / my sincere appreciation...
« Last post by fred... on June 13, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »
To everyone who took part in the "Let's Help Save Fred From Himself Festivities" earlier today at The Ridgerunners' Sprint Enduro, I wish to offer my heart-felt appreciation. The outpouring of concern by so many individuals served to remind me (as on numerous other occasions over the course of my 30-year involvement with the SERA) of the quality of people who make up the vast majority of the Membership.

Looking back (20/20 hindsight, as they say) after getting hosed-off, cooled-down & stuffed with pork-chops, green beans, cornbread & sweet tea, it occurs to me that waiting around for what was likely the hottest event thus far this Season to embark upon my first real riding excursion since the Tiger Creek Enduro last September might not have been a really good idea. But I digress...

While I was lounging in my underwear (not by my personal specific choice) in front of the relatively large fan (to whom I am not even totally sure it belongs) & various individuals kept coming by checking on me, offering advice & making plans to get me & the two members of the Junior-Achievement Wrecking Crew home without my having to drive, I couldn't help thinking of the semi-old Country Music tune recorded by Tracy Lawrence, "You Find Out Who Your Friends Are." I encourage any who are not familiar with it to look it up on-line. It works quite well to describe the scenario I experienced earlier today.

I strongly commend the Ridgerunners for their dedicated efforts which resulted in a new racing area & on an excellent use of limited acreage for the event.

fred...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10